Are you tired of waiting until New Year's to start making healthier choices? It's time to break free from these unhealthy habits and start living a healthier lifestyle one day at a time. Creating habits are a key element to making long-lasting changes, that's why in this blog post, we will explore the concept of inverting unhealthy habits and how you can make small changes every day to achieve your health goals.
Inverting unhealthy habits means taking a different approach to breaking free from them. Instead of waiting for a specific date or event to make a change, you can start making healthier choices right now. It's about shifting your mindset and taking control of your health one day at a time.
Why start now?
Waiting until New Year's or another significant date to start making healthier choices can lead to a cycle of procrastination and missed opportunities. By starting now, you are taking the first step towards a healthier lifestyle and setting yourself up for long-term success. Every day is an opportunity to make positive changes and improve your well-being.
Without further ado...
Enter: A Reverse Advent Calendar
Look at it as a countdown. We're counting down to start New Year's stronger and healthier than before and finish this 2023 feeling incredible.
- Switching to savory breakfast — hopefully high in protein
- No sugary drinks from now on — or at least reduce the amount if you do drink them)
- No late night snacking — choose a time after which you don’t eat any more so your body can digest properly
- Be more mindful about drinking water than usual
- Set an alarm every 30 minutes to move around
- Portion control as a tool for mindful eating — during holidays we tend to over eat - set yourself a plate of the food you feel like you’ll be eating and take a pause when you’re done before adding more to your plate
- Add functional foods to your meals (probiotic or prebiotic foods, extra protein)
- Get in the daily recommendation of vegetables and fruits — get creative, they can be in recipes or smoothies
- Grocery shopping? Check the food labels
- Skip processed foods
- Set an alarm to go to bed
- Pay attention to your posture more throughout the day
- Try to find a new way to manage stress — dancing, painting, kickboxing, etc
- Don’t bring your phone to bed
- Meal prep to have portions ready for the next days
- Reduce salt or sugar in meals
- Take breaks during work
- Try a new exercise for mental health and other health benefits
- Replace negative self-talk with self-love comments; give yourself credit and love
- Mindful snacking
- Wash your hands! — Now that we’ll be eating with many family members, friends, etc. it’s very easy to catch the flu, keep in mind staying clean for you and for the rest
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Swap a sugary snack for a nutrient-packed option
Start your journey towards a healthier lifestyle today!
By inverting unhealthy habits and making small changes every day, you can achieve your health goals and live a happier, more fulfilling life. Remember, it's never too late to start making healthier choices. Begin your 24 days of reverse advent calendar towards a healthier, happier you today and embrace the positive impact it will have on your well-being.